2017-2018 Choir Booster Executive Board & Committee Leadership
Wayne Barnes; Kristi Barnes; Alex
Kader; Jon Barnes; & Becky Barnes
Each spring, the current board accepts nominations for the executive board officers that will serve the following school year. A Nominating Committee appointed by the President, consisting of one of the Vice Presidents, and at least two (2) active members of the board shall prepare a slate of candidates for offices. The number should be odd in nature to avoid any voting conflict. The Nominating Committee will elect a committee chairperson. The Nominating Committee shall work closely with the Choral Music Director in the selection of nominees and preparation for the upcoming board election.
Activities to develop and present proposed slate are not limited to, but include the following:
- The General Membership will be notified via email internet services, no less than 30 days prior to the next General Meeting that the Nominating Committee will be accepting nominees for executive board positions.
- Nominations will be accepted from the General Membership via email internet services or mailed to the CHS Choir Booster address.
- Nominations may be submitted using the Board Nomination form.
- All nominations must be received by Nominating Committee via email or mail no less than seven days in advance of the proposed General Membership meeting.
- The Nominating Committee will then present the proposed slate of nominees to the Executive Board for approval. A special meeting may be called by the President, if necessary, to approve the slate of nominees.
- At the next General Membership meeting, the President will ask the committee chairperson to place the slate of nominees in nomination. Additional nominations shall be accepted from the floow. The election shall be held according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
- The Choral Music Director must approve all nominees.
- Nominees for Executive Board positions can be elected for up to two consecutive one year terms. Exceptions may be made by the Executive Board in case of need with the approval of the Choral Music Director.
- There will be a joint Executive Board meeting between all new and outgoing officers within 30 days of the election. New officers will begin their one year term effective May 1st . The previous board will remain in place through the end of the school year and will have governance over any remaining current year activities. It is acknowledged that this will result in a stub period and is intentional in nature.
- The proposed slate of officers will be posted on the website 48 hours before the general membership meeting at which the slate is to be presented for ratification.
This procedure is included in Article XIV "Nominating Committee" of the Choir Boosters bylaws.
Mailing address: CHS Choir Boosters, P. O. Box 1457, Coppell TX 75019